Rising up together to live HAPPY- HEALTHY- PURPOSEFUL Lives

Tuesday 21 March 2017

Why Wait Until After Pregnancy to Become Healthy and Fit?

 "I will start after I have my baby." --- This is something I continuously hear and in all honesty, it is what I thought my first pregnancy. 

Did you know that eating properly ( including proper portions and right amount of nutrients) is obviously important to reduce the risk of disease and to promote longevity in all humans but during pregnancy it is doubling important. ( something I really didn't take into account before and during my first pregnancy) 

Growing babies are more susceptible to toxins plus they need all the nutrients they can get to grow into strong and healthy babes. 

There are a wide variety of benefits to watching what you put into your body as well as maintaining your current activity or introducing light activity to keep your body moving throughout your pregnancy.

Here are a few:

~Reduces Pregnancy Complications~


There are a wide variety of complications that can occur during pregnancy like Gestational Diabetes, Hyperthyroidism or High Blood Pressure. Some of these things will just happen however YOU can decrease the chances by maintaining healthy living. Providing your body with the proper nutrients it needs can help keep blood pressure, blood sugar levels and weight at healthy levels to help avoid these complications. One thing I have learned after doing much research is Shakeology is probably the MOST healthiest thing I am putting into my body even over my prenatal vitamins. There is nothing in it that is unsafe or bad to take while pregnant. The 70 superfood nutrients that are packed into that scoop provides me and my growing baby with everything we need to fight off sickness, keep my gut happy ( which is a major key in most instances) as well as provides me with energy to keep up with my toddler as well as maintain my active lifestyle. 

Eating healthy foods can also help with morning sickness or other "perks" of pregnancy. Be sure to have the right amount of lean proteins, healthy fats and complex carbs can help reduce or prevent these issues.

**Always check with your doctor or healthcare provider before starting any new routine, diet or shakeology*


~Reduces Incidences of Birth Defects~


Not knowing what you are putting into your body can really harm not only you but your growing babe as well. Do you know what is actually used in boxed, frozen, canned or even processed foods?
I will tell you, I was in the mindset of not caring when I was going through my first full term pregnancy with my son. I had frozen meals, fast food, KD, the entire time.
Basically whatever was easy for me I ate. I was CONTINUOUSLY sick with my first and was not healthy at all. (I am not making the same mistake with this one!) Putting toxins into your body can potentially cause birth defects such as neurological problems and development delays. Lack of certain nutrients like folic acid has been linked to high rates of birth defects as well. 

This is why the best way to avoid that is to avoid processed crap and to make sure you KNOW what you are putting into your body. 

~Provides a Healthy Weight for You and Your Baby~


When I ate crap during my pregnancy with my son I gained 60+lbs and my son was a big baby. I ended up having to have a C-Section due to him being too big and becoming stressed at birth. For me, I suffered with laziness, depression, lack of self-love resulting in self-care and I honestly had no desire to get healthy afterwards as it was "just to much work" 

Maintaining a healthy weight for not only yourself but for baby as well will help avoid health problems in the future. Babies born with a low birth weight tend to suffer more health problems or disabilities while growing up or even their entire lifetime.
It is important to be sure to know the proper portions of each food category that you need as well as to take into account a calorie burn if you are working out or have an active lifestyle while pregnant. 

I use the portion fix that Autumn Calabrese had created and I am NEVER starving and feel the best I have ever felt. I continue to get the proper nutrition I need while maintaining a healthy weight gain. 

~Sets you on the right path for Good Health to Maintain Afterwards~


If you are constantly eating crappy food during your pregnancy not only are you creating a bad unhealthy habit for yourself but your growing babe is developing a taste for unhealthy, non nutritious foods that can affect him/her throughout their lives. They will have a greater risk of developing diabetes and not know about proper nutrition. 
If you maintain a healthy habits throughout your pregnancy you are helping develop baby's healthy habits as well. 

~Helps Your Body Repair Itself Faster and Lose that Baby Weight Quicker~


Eating healthy during pregnancy sets you up with a good routine and healthy habits that you will more likely be able to carry on after the baby is born. Not only are you setting yourself up to bounce back quicker but you will be a positive role model in your baby's life that will provide them with the understanding and knowledge about the importance of healthy living. 

Women who maintain a healthy lifestyle during pregnancy are more likely to continue on afterwards opposed to those who don't. When you are physically active throughout pregnancy your body is used to tearing and repairing muscles so afterwards your body will most likely heal a lot faster than those who aren't used to physical activity. Again proper nutrients plays an important role in this as well.  

I can tell you my first pregnancy was seriously the worst(I understand there are worse out there but for me this was my reality and it was NOT a pleasant experience)
I was continuously sick, I gained tons of weight, I was sore everywhere, I had high blood pressure, induction was needed, labour was awful, needed emergency C-section, never got to see my baby for hours after which resulted in unable to breastfeed like we wanted even after trying for 5 painful weeks, recovery was a very slow painful process, postpartum depression consumed me, more weight gained, relationships started to suffer and the list goes on. Living an unhealthy lifestyle doesn't just affect you physically but mentally as well and not only you but those around you. 


This pregnancy is the COMPLETE opposite because I CARE about what I am putting into my body and I am continuing on with my routines adjusting as my body tells me.

the left hand picture was my first pregnancy and I was 26weeks pregnant and the right hand is this pregnancy at 29 weeks!

So why wait until you have an experience like mine and don't bounce back fast?

No need to wait until you are sleep deprived and have no energy to care for yourself once your baby is here ( that's how I felt before I started)


Whether you are thinking about trying for a baby, newly pregnant or just given birth and would like to start your journey to a healthier you I would be happy to help you on the way. 



Request a free consultation here so I can get to know you and you can decide if we will be a good fit! >>>> FREE CONSULTATION/MORE INFORMATION

Remember daddy's also play an important role and need to set good examples for their kids too so this is open to daddy's as well! 

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kristie Sereda Fit | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig